Bleeding pin prick on neck during flight. Did someone poke me using a needle?

I found a small pin prick around 0.5-1mm on neck which kept bleeding when I was on a flight. It's a little scary amount of the bleeding is enough to flow down the neck. The right shoulder of my coat was soaked with blood. It has been three days, it hasn't healed yet. I don't know where the small hole in the right side of my neck came from. Is it possible someone sitting besides me usED a needle to poke me when I was sleeping on the flight? Since when I was bleeding (PLEASE note that the amount of bleeding is a little scary and soaked my right shoulder of my coat), the guy sitting besides me didn't say anything and kept quiet, which was a little suspicious. If not, what could be the other reason?
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 9 minutes later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

The most likely cause of the symptoms which you have described is that you may have been bitten by an insect or spider

Insect bites or spider bites can sometimes cause significant bleeding. I suspect this is the case for you. I do not see why anybody on the plane would've tried to poke you in the neck while you were sleeping.

I would keep close watch of the affected area for the next several days. I suspect it will gradually heal without any problem.

Thanks again for sending your question. Let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Dr. Robert