Bleeding penis during lapdance, felt weird, took a shower. What are my chances of getting infection?

Question
Hi, I was getting a lapdance, did not notice immediately, but my penis started to bleed. Just after the dance I noticed I felt weird, I went back home took a shower and clean as much as possible, what else can I do and what r my chances of getting an infection?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 17 minutes later

Since there was bleeding from your penis and you had a lap dance, so chances of infection are there if there was any contact of your penis with the vaginal discharge of the lap dancer. If there was a mechanical barrier of cloth then chances of transmission of HIV and other STD’s is less but if there was any contact of the penis with the vaginal discharge then chances of STD transmission are there.

It is not common for people to show any symptoms of HIV immediately after exposure. Most develop flu-like illness within several days to weeks after exposure to the virus.

Most people develop detectable HIV antibodies within 6 to 12 weeks of infection but sometimes it may take upto 6 months. I suggest you to do a rapid HIV test which uses a blood sample or oral fluids and is easy to be done. This should be followed by a Western blot and PCR ( polymerase chain reaction) which can identify HIV in the blood within two or three weeks of infection.

However these tests may show accuracy after 6 weeks to 6 months as HIV antibodies take time to develop in the body. So get repeat tests done after 6 months.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: Bleeding penis during lapdance, felt weird, took a shower. What are my chances of getting infection? 28 minutes later
Hi, Yes there was a mechanical barrier, I just got a lap dance and that was it, I never though and intended to go any further than a lap dance, I was wearing full clothing all the time, trousers and underwear. I've never had sexual relations, and did not want to start there. then

1) If I understand right, there is nothing else I can do for now , and I only have to wait and test myself?

2) Where should I go to perform the test?

Thanks and Regards

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later
Hello.

Thanks for writing back.

You have rightly understood that the possibility of a sexual transmitted disease is less likely in view of the mechanical barrier of clothing.

You can do the test at any of your nearby hospitals/laboratory after consulting your physician. I sincerely hope that helps.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Regards.