Bleeding from the healing scar of the C-section. What to do?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
after 2 weeks of my c section my scar started to bleed alotfrom 1 spot what should i do
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later

Bleeding after 2 weeks after c section can be due to wound infection or a bleeding blood vessel opened up during scar healing.

If it's just mild oozing i.e., no spurting or doesn't cause much soakage then there is a possibility of it resolving on its own. But as you described, I assume it’s bleeding continuously; so you need to visit your gynecologist or an ER as soon as possible. Focal examination of the wound would determine the exact cause. The treatment would depend on the cause either
1.     Oral medications - antibiotics if infection is the cause.
2.      Surgical procedure - if scar dehiscence or bleeding blood vessel is the cause.
Till then, I suggest you to place clean gauze dipped in antiseptic solution over the site.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any follow up queries.

Wish you good and healthy recovery.