Bleeding from rectum, possible hemorrhoids, worm infestation

I am finding blood when I wipes and there are white strips in my stoles. What could this mean it is?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later

Blood on the wipes coming from your rectum can be due to hemorrhoids or anal fissures or a rectal polyp. If there is pain associated with it then anal fissures are more likely.

The only way to diagnose your problem is a thorough examination by a surgeon including a colonoscopy if necessary.

Let me give you a few suggestions as far as what to do now:
1. First, I'd like you to sit in a warm batch in the bathtub for 20 minutes. The warm water will sooth the area and help decrease the inflammation. This you may do twice daily.
2. Next, you can go to any local pharmacy and pick up a tube of preparation 'H cooling gel' or any other anti hemorrhoid cream. This is a clear gel which you can apply to the rectum after each bowel movement and also at bedtime. Over time this helps also to shrink the hemorroidal tissue and decrease the pain and bleeding.

Regarding white stripes in the stool; Either these are indicative of a worm infestation or these are the undigested fibers that you have consumed in your diet. A routine examination of stool for ova, cysts and parasites will help in making the diagnosis.

Please visit your surgeon to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.