Bleeding from ears. Is it anything serious?

I got some blood from my ears yesterday and today.Is it anything serious?
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Bleeding from the ear is definitely something that we need to evaluate further. There can be several causes for this. In order to help you better, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a.     Did you hurt your ear with an earbud or any other object that you used in your ear?
b.     Is the ear red and painful?
c.     Have you noticed any other fluid coming out of the ear or any hearing loss?

In any case, I would suggest that you see an ENT specialist as an examination is definitely required. Awaiting your reply
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.