Bleeding during bowel movements. On Oflox-Oz, Nexpro-RD. Suggestions to control bleeding?

Hi,I am 28 year old..from last 3 days i am experiencing bleeding during bowl movement. i consulted the doctor and he prescribed the following medicine & ointment.Oflox-OZ(After food 1-0-1),Nexpro-RD-40(Before food 1-0-1),proctosedyl ointment & Evict(After dinner).i started the medication from yesterday but still i am experiencing bleeding during bowl movement.plz advice
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later
Hi there XXXXXXX Thank you for posting your question.

If the bleeding you are experiencing during bowel movement is bright red, comes before or is streaked on the bowel movement itself then it is a safe guess that this blood is coming from the anus from something like hemorrhoids or a fissure.

If you tend to suffer from constipation then this would confirm such a diagnosis. Judging by the ointments you have been given it would appear that your doctor, who may have done a digital rectal examination on you, is of this opinion also. The bleeding may take, not a day or two but a few weeks to settle down. You will also need to increase your intake of roughage if constipation is an issue.

I hope you found this useful and will accept my answer. If you have any further questions for me then please feel free to go ahead and ask.

Thanks and good luck.