Bleeding during bowel movement, may be cut in anus. Scared

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
i have never cheaked in with a docter about my back region, my butt. But i have been pretty worried about it for several years about a good 8yrs actuly an i am now 31.but i have bleeding that occurs when i have a bowlmovement sometimes just a lil bit sometimes it seems like it flows im worried that when me an my girlfriend fooled around she mite have stuck her fingers in my anus with her fingernails an cut something an never healed or maybe something else was caused because the result of this im really scared the docters are goin to tell me im dying pls help if possible sorry i cant find a query to put place this under
oops mite i add i also hace a small pebble size slightly moves beneith the skin bump for about a couple years now it sometimes flows and it will be a week strait sometimes it wont occur for months sometimes its jus a lil drop an sometimes even after i wipe it stil drips down until i grab toilet paper an stil sometimes i can feel blood goin in my underwhereafter i leave the washroom
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Please do not panic .You are not having any life threatening illness.
Trust me you have a wonderful life ahead.
According to your description you are most probably having a bleeding pile in your anus ( external hemorrhoid in medical terms) .
Bleeding hemorrhoids can either be XXXXXXX or external hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are a painful condition in which veins in the rectal and anal area get swollen ,engorged with blood and bleed intermittently .While some types of hemorrhoids can clear up by themselves after minimal treatment, other types such as bleeding hemorrhoids need minor surgical procedure like hemorrhoidectomy.
The release of fresh blood externally or internally is the main sign of bleeding hemorrhoids. Bleeding XXXXXXX hemorrhoids can result in fresh blood in the stools, in the toilet bowl and on toilet paper. Many patients are quite startled to see the flow of blood from that part of the body.
Some of the common causes of bleeding hemorrhoids include:

Very weak rectal vein walls and valves
Serious constipation
Too much pressure on rectal veins due to poor muscle tone or posture, such as prolonged sitting
Hypertension in the portal vein of liver.
Excessive consumption of caffeine and alcohol

Millions of people are suffering with this condition silently, which affects their lifestyle and work . So relax , However, one thing that is known for sure is that hemorrhoids are caused and or exacerbated by your daily lifestyle and diet. It is crucial for you to seek help early so that your condition does not get worse in terms of bleeding or pain.

So I would advise you to consult a general surgeon who can first examine you and confirm the diagnosis , rule out any significant cause and start appropriate treatment .
Please remember that it is a recurrent condition and along with treatment you need to make appropriate dietary and lifestyle changes to prevent it like avoiding constipation or prolonged pressure on butt( sitting, traveling etc)

Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Follow-up: Bleeding during bowel movement, may be cut in anus. Scared 41 hours later
Thank you soo much thats a BIG releif 2know that but i will definetly make an appointment thx once again! : )
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 6 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.
Yes indeed , you ought to take an appointment with the concerned doctor .
Hope you have a speedy recovery and a healthy life ahead .
Kindly press the accept button to close the query in case you have no further queries .