Bleeding bump at back of head after getting hurt,nauseousness while eating,left eye blurry

My 8 year old son fell off his bike with no helment riding down a hill in front of our house. ..He hit the back of his head and it looks like like a bump and it was bleeding. The neighbor called 911 and an ambulance came out to check him out. They said he should be fine, but said we could take him to the ER or take him home. We took him home and watched him all night . This morning he looked to be fine watching t.v. and walking around, but when he eats he get nauseas and today he said when he lwas laying down watching t.v. he is fine, but when he gets up his left eye is blurrey for about 3-4 seconds.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 hours later

When ever there is head injury the brain gets something like jerk depending upon the nature of impact.

What ever is done till now is fine. See for the injury that he has sustained and dressed up might need dressing again and he may need some drugs for prevention of infection in would if it is big and some medicines for pain and swelling.

Usually after head injury you should be watchful for following symptoms for first 24-48 hours.
1. Level of consciousness which you say is fine.
2. Any vomiting, which might occur due to some swelling inside brain.
3. Headache which points to some increase pressure inside skull vault.

The complaint of left eye blurry for couple of seconds could be due to
1. Impact on brain it self,
2. Jerk to balance mechanism in the ear which is common. In our ears we have all have got a set of bones and some fluid which maintains our body balance. When ever some impact occurs not necessarily on the ear the balance is disturbed in changing the position some unsteadiness or this kind or problem may arise.

Still I feel you should see a doctor gets things checked and make things clear.

So do not worry there is nothing major expected but to be on safer side please do it.

Hope this answers your query if you still any queries you can feel free to ask me I will be glad to reply them.