Ask a Dentist   »  

Bleeding blisters in the mouth. History of treating for yeast infection. Swollen and reddish throat

Question
I had blisters come in my mouth then it turned to little white bumps all over my mouth then it peal bleed . I was treated for 2 months for yeast my mouth is sweled and red and then it feels like my throat and mouth is full vaseline and throat is dry
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
I can understand your concern for these symptoms. Two important possibilities which can present with such symptoms are :

1) Gingivostomatitis which is an inflammation of the oral mucosa and gingiva.
2) Aphthous ulcers in response to an infection
A careful examination is an integral part of diagnosis.
In gingivostomatitis, symptoms usually resolve with fluid intake, good oral hygiene and gentle debridement of the mouth. Use chlorhexidine mouth wash and avoid acid drinks, like fruit juices or fizzy drinks, or drink them through a straw so they don't irritate your mouth. Also avoid spicy food and sharp food and citrus fuits.

You can use topical ointments like numbing ointments, such as benzocaine (Oragel), anti-inflammatory (steroid) gels, benadryl allergy liquid mouthwash, oral preparations of steroids and vitamin supplement. Oral pain killers like Ibuprofen also help. But all these medicines are available under prescription and should be taken under a doctor’s guidance. Systemic antibiotics may also be needed to control the infection.
Keep yourself well hydrated.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Bleeding blisters in the mouth. History of treating for yeast infection. Swollen and reddish throat 11 hours later
These little bumps have also come up on my arms and chest then they spread to a large red spot my mouth is almost a solid sore strings white skin will peal off I have not been able to wear my dentures in 3 months I have lost about 30 pounds

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The peeling off of the skin and associated weight loss is indicative of an ongoing systemic infection. You need a complete systemic evaluation under the guidance of your physician to look for the causes of weight loss.
The above said measures can only provide you a temporary relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.