Bleeding between period. Feeling nausea, pain in uterus and back. What's going on?

Mar 2016

I ovulated between Feb 8th and Feb 11th. Six days after that I had 3 days of bleeding making and then my period stopped. My period can 7 days early this month and I usually have regular cycles. I haven't bled in two days now and i am still having back pain and my uterus is very crampy. I am starting to slightly nausious but have not thrown up. On the days that I had my period I ate like crazy and have been exhausted and not feeling well at all since 2 days before I got my period. Why is this????
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 56 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve your problem in simple manner.

First of all, if you did unprotected sex around ovulation time (8th-11th February) or fertile days, then there is possibility of implantation bleeding (lasted 3 days) which is commonly seen in early weeks of pregnancy. Nausea, exhaustion or sick feeling mostly correspond with early pregnancy symptoms. Therefore, I suggest you to undergo one Trans Vaginal Sonography (TVS) scan on 4-5 weeks (from last menstrual period date) to confirm intrauterine pregnancy by viewing gestational sac. It also helps in assessing viability of the embryo.

Secondly, in exclusion of pregnancy, other reasons for early period are stress/ psychological factor, hormonal imbalance, early menopause or in perimenopausal age group, endometriosis (uterine pathology), thyroid disorder, frequent ovulation due to hyperactivity of the anterior pituitary gland etc.

The possibilities can be narrowed by some investigation like ultrasound scan, LH/FSH, thyroid profile, blood sugar, blood estrogen & progesterone level, urine examination etc.

Complete treatment depends upon underlying causes. So please consult with your gynecologist for proper medication and suggestive measures after physical examination (if needed).

Do some basic things as follows:

1) Avoid stress/ anxiety by regular yoga/deep breathing.
2) Take healthy diet with vitamin & folic acid supplements.
3) Drink plenty of fluids/water and eat more vegetables & fresh fruits.
4) Maintain genital hygiene properly and need adequate sleeping.
5) For implantation bleeding (if you wants this pregnancy):
a) Complete bed rest and avoidance of heavy work/ long journey/ high heal shoe.
b) May need hemostatic agent with combination of progesterone medication to support pregnancy & avoid miscarriage.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health in future.

Dr Soumen