Bleeding before periods, clots and hurting. What can be the reason, advise?

I had bleeding a week before my period. And I showed all the signs of implantation bleeding. I started my period on time but it was extremely heavy with clots and hurt me more then normal. My boyfriend and I had sex a month before this.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Since your boyfriend and you had sex one month before the bleeding and you had mild spotting ten days before your expected date, pregnancy is not a likely possibility.
It seems that the heavy bleeding that you are having now is due to mild hormonal imbalance.
The other causes may be Ovarian cyst, fibroids and endometrial hyperplasia (increased thickness of endometrial lining).
If it has been more than a week of bleeding which is causing you change more than 3 pads per day, you should get yourself examined by your Gynecologist at the earliest. If the bleeding has been for less than a week, you can wait for the bleeding to stop on its own.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.