Bleeding, back pain, stomach cramps, heart burn after taking Next choice. Now puckish feeling in abdomen. Pregnant?

Hi Dr,

I took next choice 2 weeks back and been having bit of bleeding for last a week and had few other side effects like back pain, cramp stomach and heart burn then it stopped and I got back to normal routine. This happened 2 weeks back and my unprotected sex was just 3 days after my periods started and i took tablet.

Now, I suddenly get a feel like puckish inside then it goes away.It is happening for few days now. Please suggest does it indicate preganency?

Please help!!!

Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 5 hours later

You cannot be pregnant because:
- You had intercourse within 3 days of your period & ovulation at this stage is very rare.
- Second thing is you took emergency contraceptive pills. These pills prevent pregnancy by creating anovulatory state & making endometrium resistant to implantation.

All your symptoms like back pain, stomach cramps & bleeding are side effects of Next choice. Nausea and puckish feeling could just be psychological or the effects of pills.

Do not worry; it is unlikely that you are pregnant.

I hope your query has been answered. Let me know if you have other queries.