Ask a Urologist   »  

Bleeding and pain in the penis after intercourse. Advice?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi I am a 29 and Happily Married for 2 years. A few days ago while having intercourse with my spouse i noticed Bleeding from my Penis......Not from the opening but from the connecting skin on the head of the penis. I am not having any problems in urinating and ercetions but when trying to have sex i feel pain of skin tearing and bleeding.......
Please advics
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 42 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX,

I think you may have torn your frenulum, which is common in people who are uncircumcised. There is nothing to worry as this would heal gradually.

The tear usually occurs because of friction and force during intercourse.

If the bleeding has subsided and there is no active bleeding while you indulge in intercourse there is nothing to worry and the pain will go with the healing.

You can apply an antibacterial cream to prevent any secendory infection though.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further follow ups.

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Bleeding and pain in the penis after intercourse. Advice? 22 hours later
The problem i am facing now is that when ever i am trying to have intercourse the bleeding starts again. Is there any cream or ointment that i can apply.
Also i feel that the vains on the top end are a little sowllen up. (though no pain in urinating ect). Only when i pull the skin down do i fell the pain.

Please advice.

Thank you Doc

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX,

Thanks for your follow up.

In case the tear is not complete, you can have bleeding every time it is pulled. So it would be wise to get it examined by a surgeon to avoid further complications.

In the meantime, avoid constant traction and apply antibacterial creams. That would help you.

Hope this helps you. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further follow ups.

Dr.Rohit Batra