Bleeding again after period. Had sex. What could this be?

Psychiatrist
Question
its been about five months since I had sex, me and my boyfriend had sex three weeks ago. I got my period two weeks later and a week after that I started bleeding. its been going on for five days I keep wiping blood and getting cramps. This and ever happened to me before. Should I be worried what could this be.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 10 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

The abnormal bleeding could be indicative of a hormonal imbalance. This is often can be caused due a gynecological problem called Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding (DUB). The symptoms of this problem are irregular periods, excessive bleeding and abdominal pain or cramping.

Since your bleeding has been going on continuously for 5 days, I would suggest that you see a gynecologist for an evaluation and further treatment. You may need medication to stop the current bleeding and probably, a course of hormonal pills to regularize your cycles.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Follow-up: Bleeding again after period. Had sex. What could this be? 10 minutes later
I tried to read the answer but it went to spam and wont let me open it
can you tell me what u think it could be

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 4 minutes later
I AM RE-POSTING THE ANSWER. PLEASE READ IT FROM THE HEALTHCARE MAGIC WEBSITE DIRECTLY.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist