Bleeding after sex, do not have periods.

I was having sex last nite and was bleeding...but didn't notice until after sex...i have not had a period since 1983 and I am almost 60 years old....should I be concerned...This have never happen before thenagain I haven't had sex in a while....My husband has been deceased for 10 and a half years....I have only had sex maybe three times since then...I now have a new boyfriend...And this is who I was having sex with....
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query. 
Bleeding during or after intercourse, often termed post-coital bleeding, can occur because of many reasons. Cervical cancer is one of the most serious causes of post-coital bleeding. However, it is not the only cause.  Whatever the cause of bleeding associated with intercourse, it is not a symptom that you should ignore. It is advisable to contact your doctor at the earliest if you are experiencing bleeding during or after intercourse. Some of the common causes of bleeding during sex besides cervical cancer are
Cervical ectropion 
Cervical polyps
Sexually transmitted diseases
Vaginal dryness in menopausal women
Vaginal yeast infection
 Uterine polyps

Endometritis or adenomyosis

Since you already had cervical cancer earlier,you must consult your doctor at the earliest 
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck