Bleeding after sex. Is it due to increased intake of fish oil?

Have just experienced bleeding after sex. I have of late increased taking fish oil daily from 2 to 4 during the past two weeks. Could this be a possible cause of the bleeding?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 18 minutes later

You have provided me with good information.

You have experienced bleeding after having sex. It is good that you are doing regular PAP smear.

There are many reasons for bleeding after sex.
1.At your age vaginal dryness caused by reduced vaginal secretions after the menopause can be one of the most probable reasons.
2.Others causes can be friction during sex.
3.Cervical or endometrial polyps (non-cancerous growths in the womb or the lining of the cervix)
4.Cervical erosion, where there is an inflamed area on the surface of the cervix .
5.Infection such as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) or a sexually transmitted infection (STI) such as chlamydia.

It can be seen due to cervical cancer or vaginal cancer.

You will need to undergo a Pelvic examination by a Gynecologist. Till then you can use KY Jelly for lubrication if there is any dryness. Fish oil capsule intake will most probably not cause bleeding, in fact it is good for your health.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.