Bleeding after menstruation. Is this due to taking Cymbalta?

I just started taking Cymbalta 30mg. The day following my first dose I started a light period and it has continued now for 7 days. The biggest concern is I already had my regular period on April 2 through the 7th. Could Cymbalta cause this?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 hours later
The light period that you are having now is not likely to be due to the effect of cymbalata that you are taking for depresion. This might result from mild hormonal disturbance due to the depression and mental anxiety itself. Please do not worry. If this has happened for the first time, then you can wait and watch for the bleeing to stop on its own. Such irregular bleeding is seen in less than 0.1% patients taking cymbalta and is not likely to be caused by the medicine.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.