Bleeding after inserting vaginal speculum. What should I do?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I put a speculum in my ass and now im bleeding. Help please!!
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
First dont panic. This is probably not significant bleeding unless there was injury of deep rectal vessels and i doubt you could do that. So your probably injured anal mucosa that bleeds now.If there is just blood on toilet paper than this is nothing and if there is active bleeding then just put few sterile gauzes(or wc paper) on anal opening(dont push it in it) sit on chair and contract your gluteal muscles and anal sfincter for several minutes. Repeat it few times and every time put new gauze. If there is bloody sodden gauze after all this or active bleeding then you should visit doctor as soon as you can,but still dont have to panic.Most such bleedings stop spontaneosuly,but as I said just be caotious and visit doctor if there is no improvement.
WIsh you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Follow-up: Bleeding after inserting vaginal speculum. What should I do? 17 hours later
Now I feel like I smell like poop. Help!!!
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 5 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Is there still bleeding?
You should eat high fiber food and milk products to make you stool soft. If you feel like you said then just get shower. You can also have sitz bath in salty will relax your anal muscles and skin around it. If there is still bleeding you should visit doctor