Bleeding after evacuational abortion. Has it affected the uterus lining or cervix? Scan report normal

Question
i got my evacuation done 3 days back as said earlier
i went for a rescan yesterday to confirm it as i was very tensed whether it is done succesfully or not
the says there is nothing in the uterus
but i stated bleeding since today morning very very very very lightly that to when i pass urine as 5 t0 10 drops only
is this because of the scan will it has effected the uterus lining or cervix did the scan disturb the organs
why am i bleeding because it has already stopped after one day of the procedure
i even asked the doctor whether they can perform the scan after 3 days of the proceduer yes the scan will not effect but it will confirm
plz let me know why am i bleeding after the scan or the bleeding will take place for 1 week after the procedure
my bleeding is not heavy and i dont have any pain also if tha scan has effected the organs what would be the symptoms?
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 46 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

There can be light bleeding for some time after evacuation. It is normal.

It can also bleed, if evacuation is incomplete. As they have confirmed after scanning that evacuation is complete, there is nothing to be worried.

Scanning generally does't cause any effect on the organ.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you have further query in this regard, feel free to ask, but if you don't require further clarification, please accept the answer and rate it as per your satisfaction.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Bleeding after evacuational abortion. Has it affected the uterus lining or cervix? Scan report normal 9 minutes later
i had my scan just after 3 days of evacuation .

are there any chances of cervix injury or uterine rupture because of scan since its only 3 days since my evacuation has done

they will dilute the cervix during this procedure how much it would take to cervix come to normal after the procedure

they have done XXXXXXX scanning may be this has disturbed the cervix causing injury?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 36 minutes later

Welcome again,

Placenta is attached with inner side of uterus. During evacuation placenta is also removed. Thus there will be necked surface inside uterus, which can bleed. It takes some time to heal necked inner surface of uterus. As evacuation is complete, there is nothing to be worried about.

External & XXXXXXX Scan, generally does't cause any injury to cervix &/or uterus.

Before evacuation cervix is dilated. It is expected to becomes normal within 24 hours, but inner surface of uterus takes some time to heal.

Please take rest for few days and avoid poses and exercise which increase abdominal pressure.

If bleeding does't stop within a week, please consult your Gynecologist in person for examination.

Hope, you will be satisfied with the answer. If you have further query in this regard, feel free to ask, but if you don't require further clarification, please accept the answer and rate it as per your satisfaction.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Bleeding after evacuational abortion. Has it affected the uterus lining or cervix? Scan report normal 12 minutes later
i am worried because i stopped bleeding.but soon after the scan it started again
may its because of the scan
so the scan has nothing to do with the bleeding as it does not harm the organs causing damage to them?

what is uterine perforation when is it caused?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 34 minutes later

Welcome again,

Uterine perforation is an emergency. Due to perforation there can be heavy internal bleeding just after procedure. Blood pressure can go sharply down. As there was no bleeding for 3 days after procedure, you should not think about perforation.

As healing is not complete within three days, light bleeding is possible due to XXXXXXX scanning. Please take rest and avoid anxiety. It will heal within few days & bleeding, which is very light, will stop.

With good wishes,