Bleeding after bowel movement, used prep H. No family history of cancer.

I have some bleeding after a bowl movement (Diaria) I can see it in the bowl and on the paper when i wipe.I had a similar problem a while back used prep H for hemeroids and it went away within a few its back. No history on Cancer in my family.

I meant to add the blood is bright red in color...can I add that to my statement
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The most common cause of rectal bleeding is haemorrhoids or Piles, also it may caused by injury in anal canal due to passing very hard stool due to constipation which is known as anal fissures.
But recurrent bleeding per rectum should always be checked out by your physician. Apart from a thorough clinical examination, a sigmoidoscopy (Examination of rectum with special instrument) and a colonoscopy(Special instrumental examination of large intestine under general anaesthesia) will also be needed.
That will detect polyps and tumours both harmless/ cancerous. Apart from that your blood should be tested for bleeding disorders.
I think you should see your doctor and he will refer you to appropriate specialist.
Kindest regards
Dr S.K.Mukherjee