Ask a Urologist   »  

Bleach smelling urine, burning urination. Sweating during the day. Reason?

hi my name is XXXXXXX im 50yrs old.For the past week when i go pee,it has a bleach smell,the first time i noticed the different smell,I had a burning feeling as it exited inwitch it hurt.this was everytime I peed.after 5days it quit burning.but still had alittle discumfort,but now it really has a strong bleach smell.I thought at first maybe i needed to drink more i did it seem to help ,I drink about 2gals of icetea w/no sugar,and about 1 gal or more water,4-5 monster drinks,every day,then after work i drink 6-8 cans of Coors Light sometimes more or less..I have done this every summer for about 10 yrs,and never had anyproblums.ive cut down on the monster drinks to 1 or2 aday but no change in smell,i do swett alot doring the day.I live in borrego XXXXXXX ca .where the temp is 110 to 125 during the day that is in the shade
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 24 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

I think you are having urinary tract infection.You need to go for the urine complete examination checking for the pus cells and the potential bugs in the urine.

Also the urine culture is needed to see which antibiotics will be useful for you to cure that infection.

In uncomplicated cases, urinary tract infections are easily treated with a short course of antibiotics, although resistance to many of the antibiotics used to treat this condition is increasing. In complicated cases, longer course or intravenous antibiotics may be needed, and if symptoms have not improved in two or three days, further diagnostic testing is needed.

Please let me know if you need further information.