Blacked out and fell down. Hit temple which is swollen and painful. Suggest?

Blacked out last night and fell down cement stairs. Hit my temple when it happened and today is is very painful and very swollen. Everything is slightly slowed down to me and very tired also. No other symptoms.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 58 minutes later
Brief answer..looks like a local injury only.

Detailed answer....
It seems to be local injury only; but must be carefully followed for at least 48 hours more as such types of injuries can result in injury to the brain.

I would be concerned if you develop continuous vomiting, drowsiness or persistent headache or any discharge of blood or fluid from nose or ears. Should you notice these ominous symptoms, then go to ER immediately. The doctor can perform CT/MRI scan to look for evidence of XXXXXXX injury.

If you do not experience those symptoms, you may just take rest,take pain killer like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for 3-4 days and do local icing 3-4 times in a day for 24 hours.
You should be all right soon.

I hope it helps; however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck