Black spot on tear duct. Should I see a doctor?

I am a 42 year old woman and about a month ago noticed a black spot on my tear duct. At first I thought it was make-up but it won't come off. After probing it with sterilized tweezers, it appears to be part of the tear duct. Is this something I should see a doctor about?
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 21 minutes later
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This has hardly any significance if it has been there for some time.
As it looks like a nevus,this has to be observed and preferably photographed.
Possibility one is that it has been there for sometime and you did not notice it.
If it has been of recent origin then it has to be kept under observation for any change of colour size and shape,which is best documented and date to be put up.
If there is a change then you have consult the physician.
If it remains static then you keep a watch and forget about.
Any further query in this regard please do get back to me.