Black or brown spots on inner thigh and bikini line. How can I reduce them?

Hello Docs,

I have terrible black/brown spots on my inner thigh and bikini line, How can i reduce/elimiate them?

Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I will be glad to be of assistance.

I would like some information on how you got these spots? Did you get any rash following which you got these spots?

I would recommend application of glycolic acid 6% cream on the spots once at night for a month.
Application of this cream will lighten the spots; however for complete resolution, it may take a few months. You can take a week's break and then start reapplication of glycolic acid.

Please let me know how you got these spots and accordingly I can advise you on how to reduce them further.

Follow-up: Black or brown spots on inner thigh and bikini line. How can I reduce them? 11 hours later

It has developed due to ingrown hairs/black heads, perhaps due to waxing shaving.
I will apply this cream, could you suggest a few brand names?

I am using Niltan at the moment, but no reduction has been visible.

Answered by Dr. Kruti 15 hours later
Its available as Decroma-6 and Glyco-6 in the market.. Niltan doesn't have glycolic acid, so I am sure this will help.
I hope that answers your questions