Black mole-like lumps on labia majora. Could this be cancer?

I am concerned recently I noticed two or three black mole like bumps on one side of my labia majora. They have appeared in the last three weeks, just after I had a clean XXXXXXX of health at my gyn annual appt. Could this be cancer and should I go to my obgyn or a dermatologist to check it out?
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 19 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for writing to us

Sudden appearance of black mole requires investigation like skin biopsy

As you are having history of SLE , so they can be related to it and it is better to consult your doctor who is treating you for SLE

Best wishes

Follow-up: Black mole-like lumps on labia majora. Could this be cancer? 19 hours later
I no longer have a working relationship with the Dr that treated me for Lupus...I've been in remission since 2007 and haven't needed any treatment. I do have both a. Dermotologist and a Gyn Dr. Which of those two should I see for a biopsy?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later

Welcome back

I think you should visit a gynaecologist first and if there is requirement she can refer you to a dermatologist

Best wishes