Black lines around feet. Itching. Have not bleached. Help

i have black lines around my feet(both),i dont know what to make of it, didnt notice it at first until people started asking me if was bleaching which am not as i only use the normal products provided for us at the drugstore like dove and garnier. it is really that bad and it is just around the area that seperates the upper most part of the feet from the skin underneath. please i really dont know how best i could explain if you like i could send a picture. and it when it itches and i scratch back i find black traces of me scratching and it doesnt go off.
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I am glad to be of assistance.

I saw the pictures. It seems that you are extremely tanned feet. The dorsum or the top part if the feet which faces the sun has become very tanned; as a result it is quite dark and there is a line separating this dark portion from the normal skin beneath.

I would recommend the use of a high SPF sunscreen while going out to the sun. It has to be repeated once every 4 hrs.

Also application of glycolic acid cream will reduce the tanning slowly. It has to be applied on the feet at night.

Also your feet look extremely dry. Hence using a moisturizer like eucerin will be helpful.

I could not appreciate any swelling in the picture. In case there is any please do let me know.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have more enquiries.

Follow-up: Black lines around feet. Itching. Have not bleached. Help 5 hours later
There are swellings most times and to make matters worse i have to do pedicure regularly because i the corns keep tying to grow on my upper skin. i do know i have very dry skin as i am not in my country i am studying in germany and the weather here is very dry. i use a lot of oil and mosturizer but still within an hour it is like i actually did nothing like it goes back to dry immediately and i do rub a lot of suncreen which has an spf of 30.
Answered by Dr. Kruti 22 hours later
Hello and thanks again,

If there are swelling's you will need to consult a physician who can evaluate you; it's not good to have swelling on the feet. It can indicate a systemic problem like raised blood pressure, etc. - You need to get that checked out on a priority basis.

The black lines are actually due to a colour difference in the skin over the feet and the one below.
The effect of sunscreen goes away in 4 hours, so please repeat it every 4 hours.

Please follow my recommendations. I will be available to guide you, should you have further concerns.

Wish you a healthy recovery.