Black line on toenail, fungal infection

hello, I have some small striated , black lines in the upper part of my right and left toenail on my big toes, my right more than my left, my right toenail is really just one small spot and not a line. in these areas, i did have some fungal growth.. I stated treating it with bleach a litl while ago and it pretty much seemed to cure it, although since then it seems like i have gotten more lines. Although not much identifiable fungal growth. I didnt start getting these lines til the fungal growth. I guess Iam looking for insight on this. Maybe they are splinter hemorrhages ? That is the only comparable thing i can think of, and do u get these characteristics from a fungal infection, or could this be a cause 4 concern of something else.. thanks
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 19 minutes later

Toe-nails are commonly affected in fungal infection with dermatophytes.

Can manifest in form of altered color of nails, dystrophic nails, blackened broken nails, powdery white nails.

A fungal infection of toe web spaces and soles commonly acompanies.

Treatment consists of oral and topical antifungal drugs like terbinafine.

Splinter hemorrhages can be a possibility with linear pigmented lines over nails.

Photographs of nails (close up, distant and lateral) in good light can be helpful.

Please upload photographs of all the affected nails as it will enable me to give correct opinion.

Awaiting your response.

Dr Sudarshan.