Black cyst behind ear. Is it life threatening?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
black cyst behind ear slightly smaller than dime size ball. is it life threatening?
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
A small black cyst behind the ear could be a hemorrhagic cyst or a melanoma. Although it is not life threatening, but if it is increasing in size then it needs to be examined and investigated to detect the cause.
A good close up picture will be very much appreciated and will help me in suggesting you better. You may attach a pic using the "upload your reports" feature on the query page-right hand side.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.