Black brown hair on penis, itchy. Should I be worried?

I have black and brown hair on my penis and when I pull the brown hair off it comes off unharmed like its dead hair and it itches. Does that mean I have something?
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 25 minutes later

Most of the male genitalia is covered with hair growing skin.There may be mild deviation in normal distribution of such hair growing skin which is not serious.

The black are healthy and well nourished hair whereas the brown usually seen due to either in generalised poor nutrition or selective inhibition of nutrient supply to some part of the hair growing skin as a part of normal health.

The itching after pulling the hair is because of irritation of the skin underlying.There is no need to worry unless you see a scaly or dispigmented rash in the affected part.Then you may have to be examined by a dermatologist.

Get back to me if any doubts.Please do accept my answer if satisfying.

Wish you good health.