Black and dirty neck and armpit,different from rest of body.

my neck and armpit are very black and dirty ... i used very things but i faild ... but my body colour is not black .. so anyone can tell me that how do clean my neck and armpit easily...
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 48 minutes later

Black neck and armpits could be due to Acanthosis Nigricans which is due to overproduction of insulin and when its not in use it gets accumulated in the skin areas causing darkening of skin. It is common in overweight people or in Diabetic.

It would be better to get examined and evaluated by a Dermatologist as to rule out the systemic causes like Diabetes.

It would be better to follow some lifestyle modifications as:
1.If you are overweight try to reduce weight.
2.Have a proper balanced diet comprising of fruits and vegetables.
3.Avoid using deodorants or cosmetics.
4.Wash the area daily with antibacterial soap and water as bacterial overgrowth can cause excess darkening.
5.Apply topical medications such as Salicyclic acid preparations for skin lightening after getting examined and prescribed by a Dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. I am available for follow up query.