Bitter taste in mouth and nausea after taking Fasigyn. When will these symptoms subside?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have taken a dose of fasigyn. That was 2 days ago. I still have bitter taste in my mouth, wind, nausea. How long will this continue. I thought it would be fine by noiw.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 21 minutes later
Fasigyn ( which contains the drug tinidazole) is known to cause a bitter taste in the mouth. It will also cause some amount of abdominal discomfort and distaste for food. Food articles will not taste the same while one is on this therapy.These symptoms will persist for approximately a week following cessation of therapy.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.