Bitten by a stray dog. Resulted in only a scar. Stop rabipur? Control in diet?

Question
hi
I had a stray dog bite today morning at 11 am but eventhogh there was no wound there was a scar only on surface went so see doctor and he told to take Rabipur starting from Today till XXXXXXX 26 so with that course can i Stop Medicines or have to take any precautions,should i have to control my diet as doctor didn't told about it.if so how many months and any problems or complications
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You have been bitten by a stray dog , even though there was no wound it is better to take the injection which can reduce the incidence of Rabies.

We also recommend Injection for Tetanus. Keep the area clean and wash it thoroughly under free flowing water. This is the first precaution before Rabipur. You may apply antiseptic too.

After the course of Rabipur, there is no need to continue with any medication. That finishes it.

There are no specific foods that you must exclude from your diet when having Rabipur too.

The only adverse effects of the drugs are if you have any allergy or sensitivity to the drug while injecting.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Bitten by a stray dog. Resulted in only a scar. Stop rabipur? Control in diet? 2 hours later
hi dr.

But doctor didn't recommend me Tetanus so should i take please suggest

Answered by Dr. Radhika 15 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

If you had your tetanus shot within 5 years you need not take one now. But if you did not have it, then you will need it.

Regards.