Bitten by a dog. Took tetanus injection. Should I take treatment for rabies?

Question
Sir,
I was bitten by a dog on 21-12-2012.i have taken Tetanus Toxoid Injection on same day.Still dog is alive does it cause rabies or else can i take treatment, if yes which one suggest me
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

Dr Christensen is not available due to some other professional commitments. I wish to take this up on his behalf.

It is more than one and half months since the dog bite and the fact that the dog is alive makes you rabies free in the body. You should not be concerned at all and do not require further treatment.

Live a healthy life.

Follow-up: Bitten by a dog. Took tetanus injection. Should I take treatment for rabies? 16 hours later
Sir,
After one month of bite my throat is getting dried is it symptoms of rabies

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 31 hours later
Definitely not. You should try to have sips of water all the time. This is common in anxious people. Suck on pepperiment.

Follow-up: Bitten by a dog. Took tetanus injection. Should I take treatment for rabies? 6 minutes later
thank you sir,
now can i have to take any injunction for not attacking rabies to me.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 minutes later
No need. Do not waste money and there is no extra benefit now.