Bites on testicle sack, red. Cause?

ENT Specialist
my son 10 years old has red insect like bites on his testicle sack. They are in perfect line like they were perfectly stamp there. Went to ER and they have no idea what it was but did not think it was any type of bug bites and wants me to send to skin doctor. What do you think they might be. Not much itching red in color.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 35 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

Let me tell you about the possibilities:

It can be fungal infection, contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis or eczema.

Wash the scrotum daily with a mild soap and then dry thoroughly by XXXXXXX drying, not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful .
The damp skin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton undergarments and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels.

Also get it evaluated from a dermatologist as treatment is different for all and is diagnosis specific.

Dont worry. It seems like a benign condition and will definitely resolve with the above precautions.

Hope this will help you. I will be available for future follow ups if you have more concerns.