Bit my own skin. Should I worry?

At work Someone was messing around with me and the coworker pit his mouth on my skin with his teeth like biting on my arm but the skin did not break but i dod wash it should i be concerned however i bite my own skin should i worry about this matter
there was no marks where he put is mouth and teeth but with my own skin i bite my own skin should i worry however there was a XXXXXXX from myself biting myself
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 16 minutes later
Human bite, if it punctures through skin leads to a punctured wound and has a high chance of infection. It could be due to prevailng bacteria in environment or due to bacteria in human oral cavity. As your co worker didn't bite you hard enough to cause a punctured wound, there is no need to worry. Washing the area was enough.

As far as biting your own skin is concerned, if there is always an impulse to do so then it is known as dermatophagia.As long as skin is intact there are no chances of infection. However like other punctured/ invasive human bites, self bite can get infected too. If its a regular habit for you please consult a psychiatrist as a regular tendency points towards an Take care
Follow-up: Bit my own skin. Should I worry? 12 minutes later
What type of infertion could i get biting my own self i got marks from it
Someone bite me in the same area there was no break in the skin this was a long time ago but different coworker i bite myself in the same area just about
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 6 hours later
As I said no infection can occur unless the bite breaks open your skin. So if the bite is superficial with your skin intact, no infection will occur. The infection usually occurs from the bacteria residing in oral cavity.
I do not understand why do colleagues bite you or you bite yourself. As I said if biting yourself is a regular habit, please consult a psychiatrist so that this impulsive disorder can be treated.

To know more about human bites you might read this link
Hope that helps