Bit by bug and forehead is swollen. On steroids and antibiotics but area is swollen and painful. Suggest?

Hello last week I got bit by a bug or spider my forehead its swollen I went to the doctor I've been on steroids and antibiotics since last Friday my face is not swollen but the bite area is still swollen and its hard and very painful
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Give it more time to get resolved fully

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this bite and the resulting pains and swelling. I am confident that this would soon be over.

I have taken a look at the picture you have attached. The swelling over the left eye brow doesn't really look infected. Swelling is typical of insect bites and it generally takes like 1-2weeks for it to go away completely. Your treatment is well adapted for the possible causes. Continuing with treatment and being patient for symptoms to resolve is the way forward Be relaxed and not develop any fears.

If the pains are so worrisome, please consider getting some more pain medications like tylenol or ibuprofene. Also, is the swelling should progress to an abscess, the return for incision and drainage in the hospital.

I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be.
I wish you a rapid resolution of symptoms.
Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: Bit by bug and forehead is swollen. On steroids and antibiotics but area is swollen and painful. Suggest? 47 minutes later
Thank you do I need to get another antibiotic prescription and can I continue to ice it the ice makes it feel good
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for following up with me.

For now, you do not need any antibiotics. Just continue with the ice that reliefs the pains and let's see the progress in the days ahead. If need be, then we would be making that decision then but for now no.

I wish you well.
Dr. Ditah, MD