Bit by bug. Having pus and swelling. Should I be concerned?

I was bite by some bug yesterday and its pussing and swollen have four spots like this should I be concerned?
the one at the back of my neck is huge and painful to long does it take to get an answer?
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later

I would like to have some details.

Do you know which bug bit you ?
Did you actually see the bug?
Tell me if there are other sites of bite other than neck ?
Is it itchy or painful or both ?

You have mentioned that there is pus in the lesions. It is a little rare for a bite to become pus filled in a day, but definitely possible. Hence I would like to be very sure about what you are dealing with.

You have a feature to upload the image of the rash by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. Alternatively you can send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject line as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

I do not think you should be very concerned unless the bite was by spider or anything poisonous. In the interim it is better to apply an antibiotic cream over the rash at present.

Waiting for details...