Birth mark on cheek which is now red. Caused by over growth of blood vessels. Remove by pulse?

Question
hi doctor,
i had a birth XXXXXXX on my left chick which is of red in color .. i have consulted so many doctors but there is no use ... one of the doctor told my XXXXXXX was due to overgrowth of blood vessels and can be removed only using pulse XXXXXXX lasers but he told tat equipment is not available in there hospital .
can u plz advice me about hospitals which are in andhrapradesh for my problem which was above mentioned if possible
can u plz advice me?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.

The doctors who told you that your birth XXXXXXX was due to an overgrowth of blood vessels were correct. They were also correct in saying that pulse XXXXXXX laser was the best treatment for this birth XXXXXXX on your face.

What you need to do now is to Google 'Laser Clinic New Deli' and see what comes up. There will be several places in New Deli offering this service.

I hope that I have answered your question fully and been of some help, please accept this if you are satisfied. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Follow-up: Birth mark on cheek which is now red. Caused by over growth of blood vessels. Remove by pulse? 15 hours later
thanks doctor for answering my question ..
but can u plz suggest me any hospitals in hyderabad because it will be very difficult for me to get treatment in delhi which is far away from my place.
can u also tell me how many months the treatment will be and about the cost payments .
is there will be any risks in treatment if underwent?
why did i have such birth mark? is there any reason behind that?

Hi there again.

There is a clinic in Hyderabad called Cosmos. They have pulse XXXXXXX laser. If you phone them up, they will give you all the info you need. Ph. 040 0000.

You may need up to three treatments. Cost varies from institution to institution. You will have to enquire about it in the center where you consult.

These are safe treatments but, temporary pain, redness, bruising, blistering and/or crusting or infection are few possibilities.

There is no known cause for these kind of birth marks.

I hope, this helps. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Regards.

Andrew Rynne.

Follow-up: Birth mark on cheek which is now red. Caused by over growth of blood vessels. Remove by pulse? 14 hours later
thanks so much doctor
if i underwent treatment, will i surely be completely away from my birthmark?
if so, is there any possibility of occuring that birthmark which i had now again in future?
as u said i will have 3 treatments but how many months gap should be maintained between treatments?

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 5 hours later
Hi there.

The professionals at Cosmos will be in a much better position to answer all your questions about pulsed XXXXXXX laser treatment. Every clinic has its own protocols and procedures and they do vary somewhat. Thank you for your follow up questions.

Good luck.