Birth control pill yaz, taken everyday, sexual intercourse, back up pill taken. Chances of pregnancy ?

Oncologist
Question
Been on birth control for 12 years called yaz. Take the pill everyday have not missed one. Boyfriend came in me wanted to see if I could get preg took the backup bitrth control right away.period started on thr 4th and not yet ovulating
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 29 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

In order to best understand your concern can you be more specific with the question you're asking so I can help you? The emergency contraception kit will generally initiate a period as you have experienced. It may throw off the ovulatory cycle as well. Also if you have been taking Yaz all along you should be fine without worry of pregnancy.

I thank you again for the query and await additional clarification from you regarding specifics of your concerns.

Dr. Galamaga

Follow-up: Birth control pill yaz, taken everyday, sexual intercourse, back up pill taken. Chances of pregnancy ? 4 hours later
will i get pregnant if my boyfriend cums in me and i have been on a birthcontol pill for 12 years and i take it every day with no fail. i also took the back up birthcontrol pill

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 10 hours later
Hello and thanks for the followup.

The likelihood that you would become pregnant in this case after taking birth control daily and using backup birth control is much less that 1 percent. In other words very very unlikely. I recommend you repeat the pregnancy test in 48 hours and maintain safe sex practices until your period normally resumes.

I thank you again for submitting your query. I hope you will find my answer to be both helpful and informative. Should you have any additional followups I am available to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga