Bipolar disorder and facing erectile dysfunction. Any effective cure?

when my partner and myself are having oral sex i dont seem to be able to get him to partner is bipolar(but he doesnt know i know)..he gets really close and i think this is it and then the erection is gone..dont know what to do..we have only been seeing each other a short while and when i hav tried to broach the subject he closes up and goes "funny"...i am presuming that it is the medication that me is i right..can u help me?
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Bipolar Disorder
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 16 minutes later
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with the quality of sexual life. Erectile dysfunction can occur with few of the psychotropic medication used for treatment of bipolar disorders like anti psychotics. Of course in that case you will have to find out which medication he is under. The other possibility is he is the depressive phase of bipolar disorder which by itself associated with erectile dysfunction. Effective treatment like sildenafil can be tried provided your partner is willing to. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar