Biopsy suggested for breast. Concerned about titanium chip left after biopsy. Should I apply progesterone cream?

Oncologist, Surgical
Based on my previous mri DR Igranil XXXXXXX answered my question s in a very detail way see previous report if someone else is going to answer this other question. After the MRI was taken my gynecolodgist decided to order a more spotted study in my left breast . They made a mamography and sono and did find anything. There are still suggesting the biopsy. I still don't understand why this cannot be seen. 'm I still concerned. Also I am concerned about the titanium chip that is left after a biopsy. What do you think about this and please read the attached findings and give me your medical opinion. What do you think of appliying a cream called progestone to my breast that was suggested my a natural practitioner? Is it safe to use? She saids that this will minimize the cysts to appear. Is this true? There are a few quesitons please answer as detailed as you can. Thanks
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 14 hours later
Since you have a suspicious lesion in the breast, there are currently two options that you have. The first option is undergoing a biopsy to definitively determine the nature of the lesion. This will help allay your anxiety and provide us with the definite nature of the lesion. However, I must emphasize that the chances of this lesion being cancerous are extremely low. The second option is available only if you are willing to wait. This would require getting yourself examined and investigated by your physician every 3 months.
Do not worry about titanium clip. It is harmless.
Creams containing progesterone are not recommended routinely. For your problem, you could benefit from Vitamin E capsules or Vitamin E oils. Please check with your doctor for the same.
I hope I have addressed your concerns. I shall be available for follow ups.
Follow-up: Biopsy suggested for breast. Concerned about titanium chip left after biopsy. Should I apply progesterone cream? 8 hours later
Thanks for your answer, I went to a Natural Heallth doctor and she was the one that told not to let the radiologist leave the titainium chip because she said that she has seen future consequences related with this chip . Also The other concerned that I had that after that second mamo and ultra sound it was not seen. Have you seen this before. Lesions not seen in the mamography and ultra sound and seen in the mri? Is because my breast are so dense that this can happened. What can I do to reduce that density in my breasts?
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 31 minutes later
Thanks for getting back to us.
Breasts are usually dense till menopause. After menopause, the glands gradually atrophy and are replaced with fat. In addition, since you apparently have fibrocystic disease of breast, breasts are likely to be dense. There is no need to reduce the density of breast. It is a natural process and would take place on its own.

Each investigation picks up a lesion based on its technology. Ultrasound is based on sound waves, mammogram uses X rays, MRI based on hydrogen atoms. Hence there could be differences in terms of what is seen on one may not be seen in the other. This should not be seen as contradictory. If each test were to pick up the same there is no need for different radiologic investigations.

A titanium clip is usually left behind to locate the lesion, if cancer was to recur in the same location, to facilitate a future local excision. There is no harm with it. Such biocompatible materials are left behind at various places by orthopedics surgeon (JT replacement) or by intestinal staples etc.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. i shall be available for follow ups.

Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.