Biopsy shows inflamed prostrate, have lower back problems. Is it related to prostrate cancer ?

Prostate problemsIm a 40yr old male that never drank or smoked. Ive been having prostate problems for over three years since an infection was found . My symptoms come and go ive been on several courses of antibiotics which give a short period of relief. I had my psa done this years and it was 3.9 and a new uro did a biopsy wich showed inflammation and a bubble? But not cancer. I was symptoms free after the biopsy about 5 months dont know if it was the antibiotic or not but I recently found out that quadriceps stiffness and weakness was a sign of metastatic prostate cancer ass ive had lower back problems for years I didnt think anything of it until now. Im afraid this what it is and I cant relax. Please advise.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 6 hours later

Your history as well as symptoms suggest that you are having Recurrent Prostatitis. The condition is known as Chronic Prostatitis. The rise in PSA can be because of this infection itself and your biopsy also suggested the same.

Your quadriceps stiffness and weakness are probably not related to this condition of yours.

Chronic Prostatitis can cause lower backache as well as stiffness of the lower back. You should stop worrying about prostate cancer and be under the care of Urologist for your Prostatitis.

Hope, I have answered your query.

I will be available for follow up query if any.