Biopsy report shows diffuse lupus nephritis and chronic sclerosing glomerular lesion. What is the treatment?

hallo dr biopsy report i have uploaded all my reports and treatment . 1 feature are consistent with diffuse lupus nephritis displaying active as well as chronic sclerosing glomerular lesion . 2 isn/rps class 4 -s a/c 3.nih indices of activity 11/24 and chronicity 4/12 advice cyclmahide inject 15 days interval for three month followed predisolone 10mg daily i love my wife but can u please my wife position .how much she can live i am worried about her .what treatment can go further ? biopsy attach report is already there dr for your information my email id YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXX Detailed Answer: The biopsy report is consistent with lupus nephritis. It has a relatively high activity index while a low chronicity index. That means her disease has a good chance of response to treatment and permanent injury is fairly less. As it is a immune mediated disease the line of treatment is with immunosupression. Cyclophosphamide and steroids are one of the standard lines of treatment. One of the long term side effects of cyclophosphamide can be infertility. If family is complete it should not be an issue. Otherwise alternative medicines like mycophenolate mofetil can be considered. It is difficult to predict how SLE will behave in future, for some it may not recur, while others may have relapses, spontaneously or after some infections. If her response to the treatment is quick, then likelihood of remission is better. Warm Regards
Follow-up: Biopsy report shows diffuse lupus nephritis and chronic sclerosing glomerular lesion. What is the treatment? 2 hours later
i have attach the treatment going on in a report upload . shall predisolone/wysolone 10 mg daily should be increased . along with this treatment can we go for ayurvedic treatment ./herbs . shall wysolone 10 mg daily ok or should can be incresed / .can we go for ayurvedic treatment .what can be the alternate next treatment after mmf or Cyclophosphamide pleasec sir .is any body you know can handle her case better . regards
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 27 hours later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXX, I won't recommend Detailed Answer: any alternative therapies - ayurvedic or herbal, they may sometimes worsen the situation. The dosage will depend on the severity of illness as described by the urine and blood reports, and her tolerance to the medicines. Any trained nephrologist can handle the case quite well. There many good nephrologists in Guwahati, who can guide you well. Warm Regards