Bio chem test results. Have acid indigestion and regular alcohol drinker. Are they normal?

General Surgeon
Just received my Bio chem results, GFR 75, Bilirubin 27, GGT101. I do suffer from acid indigestion a lot and drink a bottle of red wine most evenings. Time to give up the booze ?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 3 hours later

The units of measurement vary at different laboratories; hence the reference values vary accordingly.
I would be able to interpret the values better if you may post the units of measurements / reference limits of these tests.

Presuming you mean bilirubin is 27mmol/lt, it is above limits suggesting liver dysfunction. Alcohol needs to be restricted to avoid liver complications.

Discuss with your gastroenterologist and get the treatment monitored under his/her able guidance.

Hope this helps.
Wish you speedy recovery.