Bilirubin level is high. Scheduled for ultrasound scan. Should I be concerned?

During my 40 year old physical I had total billirubin of 1.1 (tested 2 x same number 2 weeks apart). Everything else looked good. I am fit and excercise 3-4 days a week. My Dr ordered an ultrasound for precautionary measures. Is this normal or should I be concerned?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Do not worry.

You have not given me the details regarding the other liver function tests. Are the other investigations like SGOT, SGPT, Direct and indirect fractions of serum bilirubin done? If so what are the reports like. Your values are around the higher end of the normal.
Please reply with other investigation reports so that I can answer your query better.
Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics