Bilateral stents, uterovaginal fistula, scarring in both ureters. Done Renogram test. What further tests, precautionary measures should I take?

wondered if there was anyone online, who knew how to interpret a renogram result please, was interested in the split ratio result
the split levels were 46 and 54, my egfr 90,creat 62, so normal, but i have had bilateral stents and a uterovaginal fistula in the last 6 months, and have been told have scarring to both ureters, am worried about the scarring issue and what I can do to check on my progress and to make sure kidney function does not deteriorate, have been told scarring could grow ?? and that i need to check for years,,, haem msu to check levels ... I need to know if i need any further tests, and the questions i need to ask a specialist. thank you for your help
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 7 hours later

Your renogram is perfectly normal. There can be a difference of upto 10% between the left and right kidneys.
There is no scarring in the kidneys. the scarring is in your ureters. Likely to be the result of either due to the tumour or pelvic abscess or surgery itself.

Scarring can cause the ureters to narrow down and obstruct the flow of urine from your kidney to the bladder leading to damage to the kidneys. However due to the stents this has been avoided.

Progression of scarring is most likely in the initial few months, however it can still occur gradually over years. You are unlikely to have any symptoms, hence testing regularly is the only way out to detect this early.

It is quite possible that there may be no progression and you wud be quite fine in future. No additional tests are needed as of now.

Important is to not to ignore even a mild urinary infection, and get it treated early.