Big belly, back problems. On exercise & diet. Is liposuction effective for both?

my wife cannot get rid of a big stomach despite lots of excercise and diet i saw a article that the parts inside part trapping fat and a form of liposuction might be possible which would also help her back problems
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Back problems are usually associated with being overweight. If your wife is unable to lose weight even after regular exercise and diet control then surgical options might be of help.
Surgical liposuction is the best for removing maximum number of fat cells in large quantities but the only problem is that it does not tighten the left over loose skin adequately.
Ultrasound lipolysis is a new technique and does destroy the fat cells but does not provide with adequate skin tightening.
Zerona laser treatment is a better option as it uses a dual wave length laser to remove fat and tightens the skin by heating the collagen from below.
You can discuss all these treatment options with your dermatologist and he will be the best person to guide you.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Big belly, back problems. On exercise & diet. Is liposuction effective for both? 17 hours later
the articicule in the newspaper stated that i belive bones or something else paert after pregnancy meaning fat gets trapped and no amount of exercise of diet removes this without some form of liposuction. Can you therfore explain the problem and the solution,
She is not overweight but has a tummy bulge as if some months pregnant and is not fat anywhere else
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
It is not true that after pregnancy fat becomes trapped which cannot be removed with diet control and exercise. It is not true that liposuction is the option left for your wife. Strict dieting under the guidance of a dietitian will definitely help her.
Strengthening of abdominal muscles with specific exercises will help in removing the bulge in the abdomen that she has.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.