Beta hcg serum test levels showing as 341.6. What does it mean?

beta hcg serum test levels showing as 341.6 (eclia method) what does it mean
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Serum Beta HCG tells there is PREGNANCY

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Serum beta HCG is a pregnancy hormone, gradually it will increase as pregnancy advances. It is secreted by placental tissue.
Hence in your case if you have missed your periods, it is an early sign of pregnancy. But, at this level there wont be any scan findings of pregnancy, because the DISCRIMINATORY LEVEL of beta HCG is 1500. After one reading of beta HCG we will wait for 48 hours to check the doubling sign, which tells that its a intrauterine pregnancy.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile