Best methods to improve system to be a good performer?

Looking for upkeep good health at the moment I stared work out in gym atleast 2 hours in a day, suggest me the best methods to improve my system to be a good performer health wise, i have a passion to do any thing provided energy lacks, I drink 3 to 4 times in a week aftef every peg I Smoke I consume 180 ML in an attemt / 3 pegs 4 Cigrettes.
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Hello Mr. XXXXX,
First of all congratulation on keeping the body building life style attitude.
Looking to the back ground the polio,diabetes and hypertension you should not stretch that much in gym, i think a 30minutes work up if done 5times per week is sufficient exercise if you are not trying any professional activity in games arena.
The amount of alcohol and the smoking is bad for you in view of your targets and also in view of the back ground health problems.
Cut down on them as hard as you can.
about your drugs- you must discontinue the Tenolol, it causes tiredness, decreased sexual performance and hampers sugar control in patient profile like you.
i would like you to swap it for ACEI/ARB group of antihypertensives if your urea, creatinine and potassium levels permit. These medicines are very good but you must get a health check up and the levels as I mentioned. Start them under supervision of a XXXXXXX physician.
A rational combination of balanced diet moderate calories and good amount of protein and a moderate regular aerobic exercises like jogging/brisk walking 30 minutes per day are enough to serve your purpose of improving fitness and well-being.
A diet high in protein helps to build muscles, not fat. But choose foods which are high in protein and low in fat in order to gain muscle mass.
Some suggestions can be:
•Dried fruit and nuts
•Fruit OR Vegetable juice along with Chicken or cheeze or Vegetable sandwiches (preferably brown bread)
•Omelette with toast or roll
•Cereal with milk
•A protein or energy bar
•A protein or energy shake
Include more of whole pulses, legumes, milk products, soya products, peanut butter, nuts and dry fruits, chicken in your diet. Avoid junk foods, oily foods, carbonated beverages, alcohol, saturated sweets which will eventually suppress your hunger, substitute with fruit milkshakes, chicken / tuna sandwich, boiled pulses like rajma, chole, paneer tikka, tofu sandwiches, dry fruit milkshakes, lassi, buttermilk, whole milk, groundnut chikki/ burfi, green banana which are high in protein and low in fat.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.