Benign tumor removed. Report now shows blunting of lert C.P. angle with mild ground glass attenuation. Meaning?

May 2014

Hi doctor I am XXXXXXX
5 yrs back a benign tumour was removed from my 5 rib. as an opacity was seen. I have done an X-ray recently findings are as follows. Could you please guide me as i am planning to join an overseas job?

The report says-- There is blunting of lert C.P. angle with mild ground glass attenuation in left lower zone?post operative change?pleural effusion.
Right lung field appears radiologically clear.
Hilar shadows appear normal
Cardio-thoracic ratio is within normal limits.

please guide me what to do next? or nothing to worry?
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please confirm with CT Scan chest.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail and understand your situation.

The ground glass opacity and blunting of left CP angle could always be due to the operative changes in the area if the benign rib tumor was located in the same region. This need not necessarily mean any collection of fluid (pleural effusion).

The best way to confirm this is to do CT scan chest as you are planning an overseas job.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back in case of doubts.